Children of Pehr Jönss and Cirstin Thomsdotter

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Children of Pehr Jönss and Cirstin Thomsdotter

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 08.05.2015 03:17

Attached is a Hiski search for the above couple and the children born. The first entry in 1721 for Anna is their daughter. Can you tell by the other entries on this attachment if they had other children. Some of the names look as though there could be other children but the parent's names may have been misspelled and I am unable to determine if I'm looking at a spelling error or other people.
The parents are Pehr Jönss (1700-1739 born Jönköping, SW) and Cirstin Thomasdotter )1698-1765 same place)
Thank You
Janice
Liitteet
Pehr Jonss and Cirstin Thomasdotter children in Hiski.JPG
Pehr Jonss nad Cirstin Thomasdotter children search
Pehr Jonss and Cirstin Thomasdotter children in Hiski.JPG (142.48 KiB) Katsottu 9183 kertaa

Kuriver

Re: Children of Pehr Jönss and Cirstin Thomsdotter

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kuriver » 12.05.2015 20:02

Katie kirjoitti:Can you tell by the other entries on this attachment if they had other children. Some of the names look as though there could be other children but the parent's names may have been misspelled and I am unable to determine if I'm looking at a spelling error or other people.
I am just a beginner but I would say that Elin, Ingred, Pähr and Anders are Pehr and Cirstin's children. It seems that the scribe has written Cirsten's name with something that resembles n insead of m. Also Pehr seems to have acquired a surename Suoro or Suora. You can see that Pehr Jönnsson has become Pehr Jöres Suoro and then
Pär Suora of Tåurala village and then again Per Jonsson of the same village (now spelled Rounala).

Someone more experienced could try to find the whole family from some Rippikirjat but to me they seem as the same persons. Did they live on the farm "Suoro"?

The spelling was not standard but the names are clearly the same. IN the records my surename has been spelled for example Cainuhlainen, Kajnul, Kainul, Kaiulain ja Cainulainen, to name just a few. The same goes to firstnames, what we would consider totally different names were just different versions of the same name.

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 12.05.2015 21:21

Thank you for getting back to me. I am still not sure that all the children are Pehr's and Cirstin's. Would it be possible to contact another researcher to look at this. Pehr and Cirstin were born in Sweden and daughter was born in Finland.
Thank You
Janice

LenaA

Viesti Kirjoittaja LenaA » 14.05.2015 00:10

It seems like my first,second,third... response, before I sent it, disappeared into space! :(
I agree with Kuriver,about the children and the spelling.

I looked at the childrens birth records, mothers name is sometimes "Thorasdr,Thuresdr,Thorsdr".
None of the names are Thomasdotter!

This is the family of Anna born 1721
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut_e ... 5&pnum=612

Is this the family you are looking for?

Interesting to know what made the parents move from Jönköping to Enontekiö, preacher, reverend ..?

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 14.05.2015 02:31

Hello, Lena
It's been a while since I've been helped by you. I have a technical problem which I think you can help me walk through the steps. When I use the link on various search engines I end up in the same place and not the page 612 you are linking to.
Bypassing the link you sent, I go to Image Database, then Parishes and Churches. I then choose Enotekiö and the display of the page to choose a group of records such as those in the attachment I've sent.

From this page, what do I choose?
Hope this isn't too confusing, but if you look at my attachment then you know that is as far as I got and am not sure which of the groups to choose .This attachment is the Enotekiö Parishes and Churches page that I am sending you.
Thanks Janice
Liitteet
Enotekiö historical records.JPG
Enotekiö historical records.JPG (84.05 KiB) Katsottu 8929 kertaa

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 14.05.2015 02:47

Lena, to answer your Cirstin Thomsdotter comment. You mentioned her name is not spelled that way in the records. That was how her name was spelled in Sweden and was spelled differently in Finland and I don't expect to see her name spelled with the 'dotter' at the end .
Janice

LenaA

Viesti Kirjoittaja LenaA » 14.05.2015 15:08

Sorry, the link is via the member side to a record collection called "Enontekiö, saamelaisten perherekisteri, 1722-1900". A family register of Lapp in Enontekiö.
612.jpg
612.jpg (250.48 KiB) Katsottu 8866 kertaa
Mistä=from where
Mihin=where to

The E-numbers I haven´t been able to figure out. I´m guessing the E stands for Enontekiö and the number is referring to a specific record which I couldn´t find.

Lena A

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 15.05.2015 00:16

Lena, this is PERFECT, exactly what I need. Thank you so much for helping me with this family.
Have a nice weekend and wonderful summer.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin