Olof Cnutinpoika Nacku died in Sweden

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Olof Cnutinpoika Nacku died in Sweden

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 19.08.2013 21:18

I came across the above ancestor (Grandparent) that died in Sigtuna, Stockholm County, Sweden on 13 Apr 1708.
Is there a weblink similar to Hiski that would provide me with the look-up ability of ancestors. I have his birth date but not where and he was probably born in Sweden as well as married there but without looking at online records I can not verify.
Any links that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Janice

LenaA

Re: Olof Cnutinpoika Nacku died in Sweden

Viesti Kirjoittaja LenaA » 22.08.2013 21:09

Olof died in Finland. Sigtuna is now called Liedakkala. His death is listed in Hiski, Kemin maaseurakunta, Lappi.

Lena A

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 22.08.2013 23:37

Thank you Lena, that was interesting to learn. I'll change it in my records. However, I still would be interested in any weblinks to Swedish records that are similar to Hiski or have online access to the records. Could you please see if anyone knows of the weblink addresses.
Thank You
Janice

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 22.08.2013 23:52

Hello, Lena
Janice here again. I may be a bit confused because if I go on the computer I find Sigtuna, Stockholm County, Sweden, yet Olofs record is in the Finnish Hiski. You say that Sigtuna has different name today but it looks as though there is still a Sigtuna in Sweden as it shows a population of 8,400 citizens as of 2010. Could Olof have been born as a Swedish citizen which is why I would hope I could search Swedish on-line records. That is why I am asking for web link addresses I could access. Thank you for all you have done for me in your research, I really appreciate your help!!!
Janice

LenaA

Viesti Kirjoittaja LenaA » 23.08.2013 00:34

Hello,
Yes, there is a Sigtuna in Sweden as well. I do not think there is something like Hiski in Sweden, to the existing databases you have to have a subscription and you can not search by a persons name. However,this weekend, on saturday and sunday, you can access arkivdigital.se for free. They have scanned a lot of swedish church records and other documents, maybe something can be found there.

Lena A

taltta

Viesti Kirjoittaja taltta » 23.08.2013 02:51

Hi, it does look like Olof Cnut's son Nacku is found in Hiski.

Kemin maaseurakunta - Kemi landsförsamling - buried
Died Buried Village Farm Person Cause yrs m. w. d.
*13.4.1708 26.4.1708 Sigtuna Olof Knutsson Nacku 78 9 26

However, the "Sigtuna" (in column "Village") does not refer to Kemin maaseurakunta, but most likely as said previously, to the Sigtuna (hopefully just one) located in Sweden. The Village information is simply sometimes referring to a congregation somewhere else.
THERE IS (which to me is unbelievable) a Sigtuna name also for Liedakkala.

You can find it also in the very old SAY pages (1634-1653):
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=1319304
Nakku
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=1319307

Was this Olof in question born in the summer of 1629?
There is also a Swedish search site on freely accessible genealogy databases at:
http://www.scangen.se/personsok.php?hel ... start=true
A search on Olof Nacku gave 2 hits, both on ancestry.se. (Olof Cnutinpoika Nacku born in 1629 and Olof born in 1639)
Not a lot is visible for non-members on these two hits.

You can find (the first) Olof ifr.(from) Sigtuna here:
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/kirjat/ ... 276/22.htm
In my opinion his dying age was 72 rather than 78. So he was perhaps born in 1635? (never very certain)

Communion book of Kemin msrk 1693-1710 Liedakkala / Nacku
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut/j ... 27&pnum=42

You say you know the birth date. If the year was 1629 or 1635 (probably closer) then Olof Nacku very well might have been born and died in Finland.

BRs, taltta

pekka

Viesti Kirjoittaja pekka » 28.08.2013 22:16

A comment for Sigtuna. Not so far away from Liedakkala there is an old village 'Sihtuuna'.
And yes, the etymology of the name is Sigtuna (Sweden). It is supposed that the first
inhabitants of the village are from Sweden, 700-1000 years ago.

pkknacku

Viesti Kirjoittaja pkknacku » 04.09.2014 23:11

Hello there,

Nacku/Nakkula is in Liedakkala (old Sigtuna) about 14 km from town Kemi in Finland between Kemijoki and Rovaniementie. Today from 1600 Old Nacku farmhouse with smokehouse is still stands there as it was saved by this person who is also the owner and belongs to Nakkula family tree, but living in North America. Today Nakkula is a unique historic place in the region with other historic findings like underground swam iron processing facility from 1700 that was discovered a few years ago , only such structure in North of Finland. I am working to save something about Nackula's historic past tat is unique in the area where all old structures generally have not been appreciated and have taken down. Certainly, the war destroyed several inheritance farms in Liedakkala, but Nakkula was saved. You may find newspaper article from Pohjolan Sanomat " Nakkulan Pirtissa Aistii Entisen".

Interesting to find out if anyone could locate information about Chut Nacku who looks to be Olof Cnutson Nacku's father. Cnut must have born late 1500, either in Kemi or in Sweden. Any information about Nacku family tree even before Cnut would be highly valuable for the work underway.

PKKNacku

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 15.10.2014 05:40

Thank you so much for investigating person and the various locations so far back (1500). I'm learning so much and I appreciate all the time spent on searching Olof Cnutinpoika.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin