Help me translate to English

Täällä voi kysyä apua epäselvien tekstien tulkitsemiseen.
Arcobaleno

Help me translate to English

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 16.03.2017 15:13

Good day!
I live in Russia. I have many ancestors from Finland.
I have found a lot of data, but I want to know more about my ancestors.
I'll keep looking, and I draw a tree of ancestors.
Unfortunately, I don't know Finnish and Swedish languages.
There are so many documents, which I understand only the names, but I can't read the rest of the text.
I need your help in deciphering and translation.

In the picture one of these texts.
Part of it was already indexed on the site, but I even with the dictionary don't know what it meant.
I only realized that there is mentioned Magdalena Mårtensdotter, widow of Olof Leistenij.
If someone can translate the whole paragraph into English, I will be very grateful.

The transcript from the site:
Befallningzmans Sahl: Olof Leistenij Enckia hustro Magdalena Mårtensdotter fordrade af Rassmus Clemetsson Lakoin i Kaukola 2 st: Oxhuudar á 6 d:r st:, hwilcka han för 12 åhr sedan af dess Sahl: Man emothtagit till att Barckas.
https://yadi.sk/i/nWk7gmjI3FyAjR
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut/j ... 0&pnum=166
I will help you to read Russian text.
You don't have to pay for it. In return, I will ask you to decipher for me the text is in Swedish. I have many ancestors in Finland and I need help in reading old texts in Swedish. We can do a barter.
Contact me!

JaskaS

Re: Help me translate to English

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 16.03.2017 17:36

Translating word by word, so that you can catch words. Not very good composition in English, I guess.
"Sheriff" late Olof Leistenius' widow wife Magdalena Mårtensdotter required from Rassmus Clemetsson Lakoin in Kaukola 2 pieces oxhide á 6 daler a piece, which he for 12 years ago from her late husband received to be tanned.

:) Jaska

Arcobaleno

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 16.03.2017 19:42

Thank you! Clearer but did not... :D
And the rest of the text with pictures?
I marked in green which I need to read (link)... :roll:
You don't have to pay for it. In return, I will ask you to decipher for me the text is in Swedish. I have many ancestors in Finland and I need help in reading old texts in Swedish. We can do a barter.
Contact me!

tuulacu

Viesti Kirjoittaja tuulacu » 23.03.2017 19:47

A slightly better picture here
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=24014916

but I dare not touch it...

Tuula K

Arcobaleno

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 24.03.2017 01:23

tuulacu,
Thank you very much!

----------------
I still hope that someone will help me to do the translation...
Contact me!

OrvokkiT

Viesti Kirjoittaja OrvokkiT » 26.03.2017 12:40

Arcobaleno kirjoitti: I still hope that someone will help me to do the translation...
I think the problem is that the text is very difficult old swedish law text and written with difficult handwriting. Old law texts are the most difficult to translate. I would like to help, but I cannot read that. :( You have to wait until some expert notices this...

You said that you have many texts, try something else? :wink:

EevaH

Viesti Kirjoittaja EevaH » 27.03.2017 00:54

OK, I'll give it a try:

, doch som han Lakin samma huudar ej will återlefwerera, dy war hon begiärse? det Lakoin lagl[igen] måtte förpliktas de samma att återgifwa, hwaremoth han wid tillfrågan ej hade att inwända, allenast påstodh det den ena blifwit stuhlen och den andre återstelt, men som han des tahlan med skiähl ej kunde fulltyga; Altså böör han swara för berörde 2:ne huudar, och desamme owägerligen till Befallningmanskan återställa, eller ock ersättia deras wärde a 12 Dr [daler] Krmt [kopparmynt], sampt ock erläggia i rättegångz expenser Een Dr silwermyntt.

but because he Lakin will not return those hides, was her request that Lakoin would be legally obliged to return them, against which he had nothing to object, but alleged that one was stolen and the other was returned, but because he had nothing to substantiate this; So must he be liable for the 2 hides and return them to the sheriff's widow or replace their value with 12 (daler = Swedish money) in coppar and compensate for the legal costs with one (daler) in silver.

The problem with these old legal texts is that the meaning is hidden under four separate layers, handwriting old German), orthography (variable or non-existent), vocabulary (obsolete) and the old legal procedures and laws, so it takes a bit practising even to start to understand. I am sorry, I cannot help more, I really do not time for this, even if I sometimes try to help.

Arcobaleno

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 28.03.2017 10:40

EevaH
Thank you so much for the help!
Contact me!

Vastaa Viestiin