Pehr Kotäjerfvi and Malin Andersdr children

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Pehr Kotäjerfvi and Malin Andersdr children

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 25.10.2016 06:01

I am having a hard time finding the children of the above couple and am hoping you can use Digiarkiston to find the list.
Pehr Larsson Kåtajerfvi was born aprox 1680 and married Malin Andersdr 24 Aug 1708 in Kemiarvi. Their marriage Hiski record shows her residence on their marriage to be Maksundh and Pehr to be Kemijarvi. Between the marriage year of 1708 and Pehr's death in 1747 I can only find one birth of a son: Pehr Pehrsson Kotajärfvi on 15 Dec 1716 in Kemijarvi. I show Malin's birth as 02 Mar 1687 Maksundh and her death as 05 Apr 1767 Storby Kemijarvi.

I also have Pehr's name listed as Pehr Larsson Halonen-Kotajärfvi and not sure where I found that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Janice

tuulacu

Re: Pehr Kotäjerfvi and Malin Andersdr children

Viesti Kirjoittaja tuulacu » 26.10.2016 11:58

Katie,

It is not easy to find the family as a whole in those books, they are very messy indeed.

But I managed to find for you where you got the name Halonen. When Pehr and Malin got married, the name Halonen is attached to Pehr:

Kemijärvi
Vihityt

Kuulutettu / Vihitty 24.8.1708
Mies Kylä / Talo Kemiträsk
Nimi Peer Larsson Halonen
Vaimo Kylä / Talo Maksundh
Nimi Malin Anders:dr

- and in originals:
http://digihakemisto.appspot.com/edit?k ... ay2=103031

So I guess Pehr Lars' son uses both Halonen and Kotajärvi names.
(I am not at all familiar with North of Finland records; this is just assuming...)

Tuula K

Katie

Re: Pehr Kotäjerfvi and Malin Andersdr children

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 26.10.2016 20:44

Thank you Tuula for getting back to me. Very interesting the Halonen-Kotajärvi name for Pehr. This happened before in this family. Pehr Halonen married the farmers daughter and changed his name to Halonen-Kotajärvi in 1708. In 1850 one of his descendants, a Johan Kotajärvi- my great-grandfather-moved from his home farm in Kemijärvi and found work on the Maaninka farm in Kuusamo and while there he married Valpuri, the farmers daughter and his name was changed to Kotajärvi-Maaninka. He and Valpuri lived on the farm and had a large family. Valpuri died and Johan remarried and he and his new wife, Kaisa, had a son. Interesting that in this marriage he no longer had the Maaninka name and it went back to Kotajärvi and his and Kaisa's son was named that even though Johan continued to live on the Maaninka farm with his other children.
So many twists and turns when researching lineage.
Thank You, Thank You. This opened a door and I know where to look.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin