Woman named Anna Kolam born about 1650 Teerijärvi ?

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Astrid K. Halleraker

Woman named Anna Kolam born about 1650 Teerijärvi ?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Astrid K. Halleraker » 26.12.2015 22:10

Who is this Anna Kolam. I have tried for days searching. Can she be Anna Kolam-Påvals (born Grelsdotter) died 1714, or perhaps Anna Spikbacka-Huggare-Kolam (born Hansdotter) died 1696.

Very little information exists, (source FamilySearch.org.)

A boy is baptized in Stockholm Nov. 24. 1675
named E. Hansson
father: Hans Trullsson
mother: Anna Kolam

Her husband Hans Trullsson was born 1640 in Finland. Since the name Kolam stands out, I thought a closer investigation into this family might give an answer. But with no results. Does anyone at this forum know the Kolam family tree well. I can make a guess that either she is the daughter of a Kolam-farmer, or has married into the Kolam farm name with a former husband, beeing a widow when marrying Hans Trullsson. As I understand it, Kolam farm is in Teerijärvi, Österbotten. these data are found on various homepages and private family trees. The purpose of this research is to find out the sons full name: what is E. Hansson an abbreviation for, do you know.

JaskaS

Re: Woman named Anna Kolam born about 1650 Teerijärvi ?

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 27.12.2015 00:45

The first Anna you mention seem to fit my ancestor Anna Grelsdotter (unsure origin), married with Hans Persson Påvals, son of Per Hansson Kolam and Carin Carlsdotter Påvals. The only child I know of is my ancestor Margetha Hansdotter Påvals, b. 1681. Both parents were killed by Russian troops around 1714.
Other farm names you mention are known to me from various sources: Per Hansson Kolam's brother Hans Hansson bought farm named Huggare and another brother Michel Hansson bought farm named Spikbacka in 1673. Unfortunately I don't have much information about those two :(
Yes, Kolam is a farm in Terjärv (fi Teerijärvi), Påvals in Esse (fi Ähtävä) and Huggare and Spikbacka in Kronoby (fi Kruunupyy).

:) Jaska

Astrid K. Halleraker

Viesti Kirjoittaja Astrid K. Halleraker » 28.12.2015 17:53

I have tried drawing a sketch of the first generations of the Kolam family. Since there are multiple occurences of the same names, a more accurate identification is preferred, that is if you also add the life period it's easier for me to know exactly who you mean.
Two brothers buying their own farm. One is Per Hansson Kolam (living when?) and the other is Hans Hansson (living when?). You see, as far as I know there are no brothers Per and Hans.

JaskaS

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 28.12.2015 21:32

I've got approximated birth years for brothers: Per Hansson 1625 (d. 1695), Hans Hansson 1625, Mickel Hansson 1630.
The latter two are mentioned in this article I found: http://www.loffe.net/slforskning-mainme ... p600-talet
After Hans Persson Kolam Sr's sons moved out, Kolam farm was run by his uncle Matts Hansson and then his son Olof Mattsson.
I have entered the names to my database nearly 20 years ago, and don't know about original sources :(

:) Jaska

Vastaa Viestiin